This site is owned and operated by Giving Opportunities to Others, Inc. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION GOTO GATHERS AND TRACKS
GOTO gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, apply for volunteer positions, or make online donations.
- Information GOTO gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to user needs. Under no circumstances does GOTO divulge any information about an individual user to a third party. GOTO Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
OPTIONAL VOLUNTARY INFORMATION
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic newsletters policy - We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users through our third-party vendor Constant Contact . Constant Contact will not share any information about you stored on their servers unless required by a court of law. GOTO gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page.
- Volunteer form - Our site users can choose to submit an online form that provides our membership volunteers with contact information and an e-mailed alert to follow-up with the person completing the form. We never share any information provided through the volunteer form with any third party.
- Online donations - GOTO offers online donation functionality to our users through our service provider USA E-PAY. USA E-Pay follows industry standard security practices and does not share your information with any third party. GOTO will never share any information about specific individuals gathered through the online donation function with any third party.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
GOTO tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. GOTO does break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser). GOTO sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
USE OF INFORMATION
GOTO uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users. As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out updates when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. GOTO never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
GOTO uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and improve service. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public. SECURITY GOTO's webhosting provider uses secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. OPT-OUT POLICY We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users